DPU issues boil water advisory
by Larry Hardy, originally posted on September 9, 2016
Orangeburg’s Department of Public Utilities is asking some customers to boil their water as a precautionary measure after a water main break.
Water customers on the following roads should vigorously boil their water for one full minute prior to cooking:
• Shillings Bridge Road from Edisto River to Neeses Highway
• Pauline Court
• Iricks Pond Road
• Craggy Bluff Drive
Also, any water customers in the vicinity of the following areas who have lost water or water pressure are also advised to vigorously boil their water for at least one full minute prior to cooking or drinking:
• Shillings Bridge Road from North Road to the Edisto River and adjacent areas.
• North Road from Kennerly Road to Limestone Road including Oakmont Subdivision, Fox Run Subdivision, Cottonwood Subdivision and adjacent areas.
• Limestone Road from North Road to Providence Road and adjacent areas.
• Providence Road from Kennerly Road to Murph Mill Road and adjacent areas.
• Kennerly Road from North Road to Pineview Lane and adjacent areas.
DPU’s Water Division has experienced a 10-inch water main break in the area.
Affected customers should continue to boil their water until notified by DPU.
For more information, call the Water Division at 803-268-4404 or 803-268-4000 after hours.