KDHE issues boil advisory for Rocky Ford Water
originally posted on November 28, 2016
The KDHE has issued a water advisory for the public water supply from the Rocky Ford Water Company Incorporated in Riley County.
The KDHE says customers should take the following precautions until further notice
• Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
• Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic ice maker .
• Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water
that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while
bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their
• If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
KDHE will perform tests on the water and will rescind the advisory once samples have been cleared.