Mulvane residents advised to boil water
Advisory issued due to water main break
originally posted on January 7, 2017
A Boil Water Advisory has been issued for the City of Mulvane. It was issued because of a water main break.
The City of Mulvane says repairs will begin at 1:00 a.m. to about 4:00 a.m January 8, 2017, and water will be shutoff during that period. The advisory is in effect for the next 48 hours or until testing confirms boiling is no longer necessary.
Kansas Department of Health and Environment says you should:
• Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water. [This also includes water used to prepare other drinks such as tea, coffee, juice, fountain drinks, etc.]
• Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from an automatic icemaker.
• Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented bleach per gallon of water.
• Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
• If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears. The City of Mulvane works hard to provide outstanding water service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank our customers for their understanding and patience. Mulvane water customers will be notified when the boil water advisory has been lifted. Information call 777-4262.