Joburg Water has sent out a statement warning residents that certain areas would be without water due to supply constraints on 21 June.
External communications officer, Eleanor Mavimbela said that areas around Linden Ext would face a day without water. “[There will be] repairs on a 450mm pipe on the corner of Boundary Road and Main Street,” said Mavimbela.
The following areas are affected:
• Linden Ext
• Robin Acres
Mavimbela could not confirm when exactly water would be restored to the areas.
She added that water supply across Johannesburg is normal, with reservoir levels across the city in a satisfactory position.
Level 2 water restrictions according to section 44 (3) of the Water Services Bylaw states that all consumers are forthwith compelled:
• Not to water and irrigate their gardens from 8am and 4pm every day;
• Not to fill their swimming pools with municipal water; and
• Not to use hosepipes to wash their cars, paved areas, etc.
Water saving tips:
• Don’t leave taps dripping;
•Take shallow baths; and
• Use bathwater or grey-water to water the garden.
“We urge residents to remain active partners in reducing the amount of water used in the City of Johannesburg,” said Mavimbela. She concluded that residents report any form of vandalism and theft of water infrastructure to 0800 00 2587.